The Archives was initially established on February 11, 1940 as the State Archives of Baranovichi Region.
During the German occupation, 1941-1944, the Archives did not work.
In 1954, following the abolition of the Baranovichi region the Archives was reorganized as the Baranovichi Municipal State Archives.
In November 1963, the Baranovichi Municipal Archives was integrated with a number of
district archives into the branch of the State Archives of Brest Region in Baranovichi.
In September 1996, the Archives was reorganized as the Zonal State Archives in Baranovichi.