{"id":1008787,"date":"2023-09-01T15:17:45","date_gmt":"2023-09-01T12:17:45","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/?p=1008787"},"modified":"2023-09-01T15:17:45","modified_gmt":"2023-09-01T12:17:45","slug":"on-the-demolition-of-the-church-of-the-resurrection","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/news\/1008787","title":{"rendered":"On the demolition of the Church of the Resurrection"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>The stone building of <strong>the former Church of the Resurrection<\/strong> was built on the site of earlier wooden buildings of the Church of St. Francis Xavier and the Jesuit Collegium in the 1700-1740s.<\/p>\n<p>The church was closed in 1831 in response to the uprising of 1830-1831. Later, its building was transferred to the Orthodox Church, and re-consecrated into the Church of the Resurrection.<\/p>\n<p>In 1929, the executive committee of the Mogilev City Council of Workers&#8217; Deputies seized the building from believers, and the church building was used as a warehouse for the Zagotzerno office.<\/p>\n<p>The buildings were significantly damaged during <strong>the Great Patriotic War<\/strong>. In connection with the destruction of the building, on May 31, 1958, the executive committee of the Mogilev City Council of Workers&#8217; Deputies adopted a decision \u00abOn the demolition of the dilapidated building of the former church on Pervomaiskaya Street.\u00bb<\/p>\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\n<table border=\"0\"  width=\"100%\" cellpadding=\"5\" cellspacing=\"0\" class=\"gen_table\">\n<tr align='center'>\n<td align='center'><img decoding=\"async\" src=\"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/wp-content\/uploads\/2023\/09\/01.jpg\" alt=\"\" title=\"\" id=\"media-1047248\" class=\"wp-image-1047248 alignnone size-full\" width=\"50%\" \/><\/td>\n<\/tr>\n<tr>\n<td align='center'>SAMR. F.11. In.5. C.193. Sh.449.<\/td>\n<\/tr>\n<tr align='center'>\n<td align='center'><img decoding=\"async\" src=\"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/wp-content\/uploads\/2023\/09\/02.jpg\" alt=\"\" title=\"\" id=\"media-1047249\" class=\"wp-image-1047249 alignnone size-medium\" width=\"80%\" \/><\/td>\n<\/tr>\n<tr>\n<td align='center'><\/td>\n<\/tr>\n<\/table>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>The stone building of the former Church of the Resurrection was built on the site of earlier wooden buildings of the Church of St. Francis Xavier and the Jesuit Collegium&#8230;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":1,"featured_media":0,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"closed","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":""},"categories":[2],"tags":[],"class_list":["post-1008787","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","hentry","category-news"],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1008787"}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/1"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=1008787"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1008787\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":1008788,"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1008787\/revisions\/1008788"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1008787"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=1008787"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/archives.gov.by\/en\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=1008787"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}