Main menu
Archives and records authorities and the state archives network
Services
Archival directories
Subject guides and databases
Genealogy/Family history
Education
Nation-State Formation in Belarus in 1918-1920s

List of documents relating to the architecture of castles, palaces and manors of the 11th - 20th centuries
Grodno Region

Belarusian State Archives of Scientific and Technical Documentation

Locality Name of building Construction date and annotations Document name and date Fond/Inventory number File number
the city of Grodno Old Castle A complex of fortified structures of the secular & ecclesiastic buildings of the 11th - 19th centuries. It comprises a palace, the fragments of fortified walls, the Lower Church (ruins), the Upper Church (ruins), the living quarters (remnants), a bridge, and zamchische. The complex was many times destroyed, restored and rebuilt.  Now it houses the Grodno Museum of History and Archaeology. A monument of the fortified and palace architecture. International Cultural Heritage Object (1st category). Detail design, the architectural & construction design, the data on   archaeological excavation and probing; 1945, 1947, 1970-1986 39/1
91/1-p
390, 410-411
60-84
Grodno district, the village of Sviatsk Palace & park complex Built in 1779 by the Italian architect Giuseppe Sakko. The palace has three sections: the central building and two wings connected by the semicircular galleries. Largely baroque, it also has clear classicism features. A monument of manor architecture. National Cultural Heritage Object (2nd category). Research data, measurements; 1972 91/1-p 277-280
Korelichi district, the township of Mir Castle Complex "Mir" A complex of fortified structures of the ecclesiastic and secular buildings of the 16th - early 20th cc. Behind the strong walls and towers there was an imposing palace - the residence of the magnate. Begun in the early 16th century by the magnates Ilyinich, from 1508 the castle belonged to the Radzivill family, and in the second half of the 19th century it came into possession of the Witgensteins and the Sviatopolk-Mirskis. Largely survived, this complex is a unique structure of Belarusian architecture, which combines Gothic & Renaissance elements, the fortified & palace architecture. Since 1991 it has been under restoration. The complex comprises various buildings and structures, including the remnants of the earth & water fortifications, and a landscape composition. A monument of the  palace & castle architecture. In 2000 declared by the UNESCO as a World Heritage Site (0th category). Research data, measurements, area sketch; 1970-1985 91/1-p 222-276
Lida district, the town of Lida Castle Built in 1323 by Grand Prince Gedimin of Lithuania, the castle throughout several centuries remained a stronghold on the western frontiers of Belarus. The surviving features have Gothic and Romanesque elements. A monument of fortified architecture. International Cultural Heritage Object (1st category). Research data; 1976-1977 91/1-p 207-216
Novogrudok district, the town of Novogrudok Castle (ruins) One of the oldest in Belarus, this castle dates back to the 12th century. The towers and walls were repeatedly reconstructed. The castle remained its defensive significance up to 1706, when it was burned down by the Swedes. Two towers have partly survived. A monument of fortified architecture. International Cultural Heritage Object (1st category). Data of preliminary survey; 1970 91/1-p 281-283
Novogrudok district, the township of Liubcha Castle The late 16th & the 1st half of the 17th centuries. The castle has features of the fortified and secular architecture. The facades of the wooden manor house have baroque and classicism elements. The features that survived from the original four-towered castle include the two towers built of bricks & boulders, and a wing. A monument of the palace & castle architecture. National Cultural Heritage Object (2nd category). Research data; 1983 91/1-p 217-221
Svisloch district, the township of Porozovo Manor & park complex Built in the mid-19th c. The complex includes a manor house with baroque and classicism elements and a park. A monument of the manor and park architecture. National Cultural Heritage Object (2nd category). The architectural and construction design; (1960-1970) 91/1-p 88-89
Svisloch district, the village of Gornostaevichi  Manor Built in the 2nd half of the 19th century in classical style, this manor includes a dwelling house, auxiliary buildings, a small park with a pond, and a Catholic church. A monument of manor architecture. The architectural and construction design; (1960-1970) 91/1-p 87
Smorgon district, the village of Kushliany Manor Built in the late 19th c. The complex includes a manor house, auxiliary buildings, and a park. Belarusian poet F. Bogushevich spent his last years here. A monument of the manor and park architecture. Complex research, the architectural and construction design; 1980-1988 122/1-p 820-834
Volkovysk district, the village of Podorosk Manor Built in the 2nd half of the 19th century in classical style, the complex comprises a manor house, auxiliary buildings, and fence fragments. The house has a portico linked to the wall on the ground floor by the side arches. A monument of manor architecture. National Cultural Heritage Object (2nd category). Complex research, the architectural & construction design; 1987-1988 122/1-p 799-819
New on the site
14 February 2019
The website presents an online exhibition of documents “The legal foundations of administration in Belarusian lands in 14th-18th centuries” More >>
Archival news
01 February 2019
The National Archives of the Republic of Belarus hosted a presentation of the Belarusian-Russian collection of documents “The Restoration of Agriculture in Belarus:1943-1945” More >>
25 January 2019
The Department for Archives and Records Management of the Justice Ministry held an extended board meeting More >>
10 January 2019
Exhibition of documents dedicated to 100th anniversary of the Finance System of the Republic of Belarus More >>
28 December 2018
The Department for Archives and Records Management of the Justice Ministry held a board meeting More >>
27 December 2018
Belarusian archivists take part in New Year charity campaign Our Children More >>