The Laboratory dates its origin from 1956, when the Central Laboratory for Microphotocopying and Restoration of Documentary Materials of the Central State Archives of the Belarusian Soviet Socialist Republic (BSSR) was established at the Archival Administration of the Ministry of Interior of the BSSR. The main function of the laboratory was to ensure records preservation by means of their restoration, conservation, disinfection, microphotocopying, and binding.
In 1965, the laboratory was made a subdivision of the Central State Archives of Films, Photographs and Sound Recordings of the BSSR.
In November 1985, to enhance the work for the preservation of archival records, the laboratory was reorganized as the
Central Laboratory for Microphotocopying and Restoration of Records of the Central State
Archives of the BSSR (from 1991, the Republic of Belarus), and received the status of an
independent juridical entity.
In May 1993, the laboratory received its present name of the Central Laboratory for Microphotocopying and Restoration of Records of the National Archival Holdings of the Republic of Belarus.