Description of holdings
Amount of holdings: 1 147 fonds, 1 collection of photographic documents, 256 137 items
Chronological scope: from 1918 to the present
- abolished Baranovichi, Bialystok and Molodechno regions
- Grodno Region
The Archives holds records of the regional, district and town Communist Party and Komsomol organizations, political divisions of the regional military recruitment office and machine-and-tractor stations, the memories of the participants of the Second World War.
Records from 1918 to 1920 contain data on the establishment of Soviet Power in Western Belarus. There are proceedings of joint meetings, reports on the activities of the Party district committees in Volkovysk, Lida, Novogrudok and Slonim, and so on.
Materials from 1939 to 1941 illustrate the process of inclusion of Western Belarus into the Belarusian Soviet Socialist Republic. There are records of the Communist Party and Komsomol organizations that operated in Bialystok Region.
The fonds of the the regional, district and town Communist Party and Komsomol committees in the Grodno region and in the former Baranovichi and Molodechno regions for the period from 1944 to 1991 contain the proceedings of conferences, plenary meetings and sessions of the Communist Party of Belarus and the Lenin's Young Communist League (Komsomol); certificates on Nazi crimes, data and certificates on Nazi damage; reports and certificates on the restoration of economics; reports on the establishment of the Soviet-Polish border; reports of the law-enforcement agencies on the acts of terrorism, the anti-Soviet nationalist underground work, the arrests and detention of criminals and brigands; statistical reports on the staff personnel, finance records, the citizens' letters, applications and bills of complaint; personnel records.
Records from 1988-2002 are held in the fonds of various social organizations. Among them are political parties, youth and children's, cultural and educational, military, women's, national, and charitabale organizations and centres.
In addition, there a collection of personal papers relating to P. Verkhos, Ph.D. in historical sciences, professor, which covers the period from 1962 to 1998. These are published materials, documents concerning his office and social activities, autobiography, photographs, posters, correspondence, etc.
There is a collection of photographic documents on the history of the town of Grodno and Grodno Region for the periods 1920-1939 and 1944-1990.