The Local State Archives in Orsha presents a virtual exhibition “Students in the Focus of History” dedicated to the 85th anniversary of the Orsha Two-Year Teachers College
The Local State Archives in Orsha, Vitebsk Region, has prepared a virtual exhibition “Students in the Focus of History” dedicated to the 85th anniversary of the foundation of the Orsha Two-Year Teachers College.
The Orsha Two-Year Teachers College was founded in 1935 on the basis of the Orsha Pedagogical School to train qualified teachers for senior classes of incomplete secondary schools.
In June 1941, the College ceased its activity due to the occupation of Belarus by the Nazi invaders. Almost all college archives were destroyed during the Nazi occupation and retreat. Only in October 1944, the College resumed its work in the following departments: history, language and literature, with a total admission to all departments for 180 people.
In 1945, the College was renamed as the Orsha Ya. Kupala State Teachers College to train teachers in Russian and Belarusian languages, literary reading, history, mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, geography for seven-year and secondary schools.
On 15 August 1955, by the order of the Ministry of Education of the BSSR, the Orsha Ya. Kupala Teachers College was liquidated.